obamacarequote.com

Serving ACA (Obama Care) in Texas, Mississippi, Florida, and Georgia

obamaCare
  1. Home
  2. Knowledge Base
  3. Before You Buy
  4. Coverage Levels: The Metal Tiers

Coverage Levels: The Metal Tiers

Obama Care Quotes offers health insurance plans categorized into four levels of coverage: Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum. These metal categories determine the share of medical expenses covered by the health plan compared to your expected co-pays and deductibles.

  • Platinum plans typically cover 90% of healthcare costs, with you responsible for 10%.
  • Gold plans cover 80%, leaving you responsible for 20%.
  • Silver plans cover 70%, with 30% of costs on your end.
  • Bronze plans cover 60%, and you cover 40% of expenses.

While higher metal category plans come with higher monthly premiums, they result in lower costs when you require medical care. Alternatively, you can opt for lower monthly premiums but higher out-of-pocket expenses when seeking medical treatment. The choice of coverage level is based on your health needs and financial considerations.

Additionally, some customers have the option of purchasing minimum coverage or catastrophic plans, characterized by their low monthly premiums, which provide protection in case of worst-case scenarios.

Was this article helpful?

Related Articles

Need Support?

Can't find the answer you're looking for?
Contact Support
Spanish »