Serving ACA (Obama Care) in Texas, Mississippi, Florida, and Georgia

  1. Home
  2. Knowledge Base
  3. Documents to Confirm Eligibility
  4. Proof of American Indian and Alaska Native Status

Proof of American Indian and Alaska Native Status

Submit a copy of one of the following documents.

  1. Tribal Enrollment/Membership Card.
  2. Authentic document from a tribe declaring membership for an individual.
  3. I-872 American Indian Card.
  4. U.S. American Indian/Alaska Native tribal enrollment or shareholder documentation.
    • Enrollment or membership document from a federally recognized tribe or the Bureau of Indian Affairs. It must be on tribal letterhead or an enrollment/membership card that contains the tribal seal and/or an official signature.
    • Document issued by an Alaska Native village/tribe, or an Alaska Native Corporation Settlement Act (ANCSA) regional or village corporation acknowledging shareholder status.
  5. Certificate of Degree of Indian Blood (CDIB) issued by the Bureau of Indian Affairs or a tribe, if the CDIB includes tribal enrollment information.
  6. Letter from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) granting a tribal exemption based on tribal membership or Alaska Native shareholder status.
Was this article helpful?

Related Articles

Need Support?

Can't find the answer you're looking for?
Contact Support
Spanish »