Serving ACA (Obama Care) in Texas, Mississippi, Florida, and Georgia

  1. Home
  2. Knowledge Base
  3. Getting Started
  4. Platinum Plans: Copays, Deductibles and Coinsurance

Platinum Plans: Copays, Deductibles and Coinsurance

Platinum represents the top tier among the four health plan metallic levels established by the ACA, with the others being Bronze, Silver, and Gold. Although a Platinum health plan provides the least financial burden when you require medical services, it also entails a considerably higher premium compared to the other plan options.

Copays refer to the fixed amount you contribute towards a covered healthcare service prior to the commencement of plan coverage.

A deductible is a specific sum you are responsible for paying within a year before your plan initiates coverage for particular services. With a Platinum (or Gold) plan, you won’t have to be concerned about a deductible; your plan will assist with the cost of care immediately upon seeking services.

Coinsurance is the portion of expenses you are responsible for when receiving a covered healthcare service, calculated as a percentage. Under a Platinum plan, you would cover 10 percent of your hospital stay costs, while your plan would handle the remaining 90 percent.

Was this article helpful?

Related Articles

Need Support?

Can't find the answer you're looking for?
Contact Support
Spanish »